||HICA (Hidden Confidential Archives) is a program that allow to the linux user, hide his configuration, cache, cookies, etc. of his Firefox browser to the eyes of users that use your system or account, for then restore it fastly and with little command.
Version 2.0 RC3 (Download Zip
New Features and Improvements:
- The editor now offers native Perl integration! Thanks and welcome to Takashi Yamaguchi, our official Perl developer.
- [SF Feature-1026584] [SF Feature-1112692] Formatting has been introduced to the Source View. The output HTML can also be formatted. You can choose to use spaces or tab for indentation. See the configuration file.
- [SF Feature-1031492] [SF Feature-1004293] [SF Feature-784281] It is now possible to edit full HTML pages with the editor. Use the "FullPage" configuration setting to activate it.
- The new toolbar command, "Document Properties" is available to edit document header info, title, colors, background, etc... Full page editing must be enabled.
- [SF Feature-1151448] Spell Check is now available. You can use ieSpell or Speller Pages right from FCKeditor. More info about configuration can be found in the _docs folder.
- [SF Feature-1041686] [SF Feature-1086386] [SF Feature-1124602] New "Insert Anchor" command has been introduced. (The anchor icon is visible only over IE for now).
- [SF Feature-1123816] It is now possible to configure the editor to show "fake" table borders when the border size is set to zero. (It is working only on IE for now).
- Numbered and Bulleted lists can now be configured . Just right click on then.
- [SF Feature-1088608] [SF Feature-1144047] [SF Feature-1149808] A new configuration setting is available, "BaseHref ", to set the URL used to resolve relative links.
- It is now possible to set the content language direction . See the "FCKConfig.ContentLangDirection" configurations setting.
- All Field Commands available on version 1.6 have been upgraded and included in this version: form, checkbox, radio button, text field, text area, select field, button, image button and hidden field .
- Context menu options (right-click) has been added for: anchors, select field, textarea, checkbox, radio button, text field, hidden field, textarea, button, image button, form, bulleted list and numbered list .
- The "Universal Keyboard" has been converted from version 1.6 to this one and it's now available.
- It is now possible to configure the items to be shown in the context menu . Just use the FCKConfig.ContextMenu option at fckconfig.js.
- A new configuration (FillEmptyBlocks) is available to force the editor to automatically insert a on empty block elements (p, div, pre, h1, etc...) to avoid differences from the editing and the final result. (Actually, the editor automatically "grows" empty elements to make the user able to enter text on it). Attention: the extra will be added when switching from WYSIWYG to Source View, so the user may see an additional space on empty blocks. (XHTML support must be enabled).
- It is now possible to configure the toolbar to "break " between two toolbar strips. Just insert a "/" between then. Take a look at fckconfig.js for a sample.
- New Language files are available:
- Brazilian Portuguese (by Carlos Alberto Tomatis Loth)
- Bulgarian (by Miroslav Ivanov)
- Esperanto (by Tim Morley)
- Galician (by Fernando Riveiro Lopez)
- Japanese ( by Takashi Yamaguchi)
- Persian (by Hamed Taj-Abadi)
- Romanian (by Adrian Nicoara)
- Slovak (by Gabriel Kiss)
- Thai (by Audy Charin Arsakit)
- Turkish (by Reha Bier)
- The Chinese Traditional has been set as the default (zn) instead of zn-tw.
- Warning: All toolbar image images have been changed. The "button." prefix has been removed. If you have your custom skin, please rename your files.
- A new plugin is available in the package: "Placeholders". In this way you can insert non editable tags in your document to be processed on server side (very specific usage).
- The ASPX files are no longer available in this package. They have been moved to the FCKeditor.Net package. In this way the ASP.Net integration is much better organized.
- The FCKeditor.Packager program is now part of the main package. It is not anymore distributed separately.
- The PHP connector now sets the uploaded file permissions (chmod) to 0777.
- [SF Patch-1090215] It's now possible to give back more info from your custom image browser calling the SetUrl( url [, width] [, height] [, alt] ). Thanks to Ben Noblet.
- The package files now maintain their original "Last Modified" date, so incremental FTP uploads can be used to update to new versions of the editor (from now on).
- The "Source" view now forces its contents to be written in "Left to Right" direction even when the editor interface language is running a RTL language (like Arabic, Hebrew or Persian).
- [SF BUG-1124220] [SF BUG-1119894] [SF BUG-1090986] [SF BUG-1100408] The editor now works correctly when starting with an empty value and switching to the Source mode.
- [SF BUG-1119380] [SF BUG-1115750] [SF BUG-1101808] The problem with the scrollbar and the toolbar combos (Style, Font, etc...) over Mac has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1098460] [SF BUG-1076544] [SF BUG-1077845] [SF BUG-1092395] A new upload class has been included for the ASP File Manager Connector. It uses the "ADODB.Stream" object. Many thanks to "NetRube".
- I small correction has been made to the ColdFusion integration files. Thanks to Hendrik Kramer.
- There was a very specific problem when the editor was running over a FRAME executed on another domain.
- The performance problem on Gecko while typing quickly has been solved.
- The <br type= "_moz">is not anymore shown on XHTML source.
- It has been introduced a mechanism to avoid automatic contents duplication on very specific occasions (bad formatted HTML).
- [SF BUG-1146407] [SF BUG-1145800] [SF BUG-1118803 ] Other issues in the XHTML processor have been solved.
- [SF BUG-1143969] The editor now accepts the "accept-charset" attribute in the FORM tag (IE specific bug).
- [SF BUG-1122742] [SF BUG-1089548 ] Now, the contents of the SCRIPT and STYLE tags remain untouched.
- [SF BUG-1114748] The PHP File Manager Connector now sets the new folders permissions (chmod) to 0777 correctly.
- The PHP File Manager Connector now has a configuration file (editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/config.php) to set some security preferences.
- The ASP File Manager Connector now has a configuration file (editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/asp/config.asp) to set some security preferences.
- A small bug in the toolbar rendering (strips auto position) has been corrected.
- [SF BUG-1093732] [SF BUG-1091377] [SF BUG-1083044] [SF BUG-1096307] The configurations are now encoded so a user can use values that has special chars (&=/).
- [SF BUG-1103688] [SF BUG-1092331] [SF BUG-1088220] PHP samples now use PHP_SELF to automatically discover the editor's base path.
- Some small wrapping problems with some labels in the Image and Table dialog windows have been fixed.
- All .js files are now encoded in UTF-8 format with the BOM (byte order mask) to avoid some errors on specific Linux installations.
- [SF BUG-1114449] The editor packager program has been modified so now it is possible to use the source files to run the editor as described in the documentation. The new packager must be downloaded.
- A small problem with the editor focus while in source mode has been corrected. Thanks to Eric (ric1607).
- [SF BUG-1108167] [SF BUG-1085149] [SF BUG-1151296] [SF BUG-1082433] No more IFRAMEs without src attribute. Now it points to a blank page located in the editor's package. In this way we avoid security warnings when using the editor over HTTPS. Thanks to Guillermo Bozovich.
- [SF BUG-1117779] The editor now works well if you have more than one element named "submit" on its form (even if it is not correct to have this situation).
- The XHTML processor was duplicating the text on some specific situation. It has been fixed.
- [SF Patch-1090213] [SF Patch-1098929] With ASP, the editor now works correctly on pages using "Option Explicit". Thanks to Ben Noblet.
- [SF BUG-1100759] [SF BUG-1029125] [SF BUG-966130] The editor was not working with old IE 5.5 browsers. There was a problem with the XML parser. It has been fixed.
- The localization engine is now working correctly over IE 5.5 browsers.
- Some commands where not working well over IE 5.5 (emoticons, image,...). It has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1146441] [SF BUG-1149777] The editor now uses the TEXTAREA id in the ReplaceTextarea function. If the id is now found, it uses the "name". The docs have been updated.
- [SF BUG-1144297] Some corrections have been made to the Dutch language file. Thanks to Erwin Dondorp.
- [SF BUG-1121365] [SF BUG-1090102] [SF BUG-1152171] [SF BUG-1102907] There is no problem now to start the editor with values like "<div></div>" or "<p></p>".
- [SF BUG-1114059] [SF BUG-1041861] The click on the disabled options in the Context Menu has no effects now.
- [SF BUG-1152617] [SF BUG-1102441] [SF BUG-1095312] Some problems when setting the editor source to very specific values has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1093514] [SF BUG-1089204] [SF BUG-1077609] The editor now runs correctly if called directly (locally) without a server installation (just opening the HTML sample files).
- [SF BUG-1088248] The editor now uses a different method to load its contents. In this way the URLs remain untouched.
- The PHP integration file now detects Internet Explorer 5.5 correctly.
Version 2.0 RC2 (Download Zip
- [SF Feature-1042034] [SF Feature-1075961] [SF Feature-1083200] A new dialog window for the table cell properties is now available (right-click).
- [SF Feature-1042034] The new "Split Cell ", to split a table cell in two columns, has been introduced (right-click).
- [SF Feature-1042034] The new "Merge Cells", to merge table cells (in the same row), has been introduced (right-click).
- The "fake" TAB key support (available by default over Gecko browsers is now available over IE too. You can set the number of spaces to add setting the FCKConfig.TabSpaces configuration setting. Set it to 0 (zero) to disable this feature (IE).
- It now possible to tell IE to send a <BR> when the user presses the Enter key. Take a look at the FCKConfig.UseBROnCarriageReturn configuration setting.
- [SF Feature-1085422] ColdFusion: The File Manager connector is now available! (Thanks to Hendrik Kramer).
- The editor is now available in 29 languages! The new language files available are:
- [SF Feature-1067775] Chinese Simplified and Traditional (Taiwan and Hong Kong) (by NetRube).
- Czech (by David Horák).
- Danish (by Jesper Michelsen).
- Dutch (by Bram Crins).
- German (by Maik Unruh).
- Portuguese (Portugal) (by Francisco Pereira).
- Russian (by Andrey Grebnev).
- Slovenian (by Boris Volaric).
- Updates to the French language files (by Hubert Garrido).
- [SF BUG-1085816] [SF BUG-1083743] [SF BUG-1078783] [SF BUG-1077861] [SF BUG-1037404] Many small bugs in the XHTML processor has been corrected (workarounds to browser specific bugs). These are some things to consider regarding the changes:
- [SF BUG-1083744] On Gecko browsers, any element attribute that the name starts with "_moz" will be ignored.
- [SF BUG-1060073] The <STYLE> and <SCRIPT> elements contents will be handled as is, without CDATA tag surrounding. This may break XHTML validation. In any case the use of external files for scripts and styles is recommended (W3C recommendation).
- [SF BUG-1088310] [SF BUG-1078837] [SF BUG-999792] URLs now remain untouched when initializing the editor or switching from WYSYWYG to Source and vice versa.
- [SF BUG-1082323] The problem in the ASP and PHP connectors when handling non "strange" chars in file names has been corrected.
- [SF BUG-1085034] [SF BUG-1076796] Some bugs in the PHP connector have been corrected.
- A problem with the "Format" command on IE browsers on languages different of English has been solved. The negative side of this correction is that due to a IE bad design it is not possible to update the "Format" combo while moving throw the text (context sensitive).
- On Gecko browsers, when selecting an image and executing the "New Page" command, the image handles still appear, even if the image is not available anymore (this is a Gecko bug). When clicking in a "phanton" randle, the browser crashes. It doesn't happen (the crash) anymore.
- [SF BUG-1082197] On ASP, the bug in the browser detection system for Gecko browsers has been corrected. Thanks to Alex Varga.
- Again on ASP, the browser detection for IE had some problems on servers that use comma for decimal separators on numbers. It has been corrected. Thanks to Agrotic.
- No error is thrown now when non existing language is configured in the editor. The English language file is loaded in that case.
- [SF BUG-1077747] The missing images on the Office2003 and Silver skins are now included in the package.
- On some Gecko browsers, the dialog window was not loading correctly. I couldn't reproduce the problem, but a fix has been applied based on users tests.
- [SF BUG-1004078] ColdFusion: The "config" structure/hash table with keys and values is in ColdFusion not(!) case sensitive. All keys returned by ColdFusion are in upper case format. Because the FCKeditor configuration keys must be case sensitive, we had to match all structure/hash keys with a list of the correct configuration names in mixed case. This has been added to the fckeditor.cfc and fckeditor.cfm.
- [SF BUG-1075166] ColdFusion: The "fallback" variant of the texteditor (<textarea>) has a bug in the fckeditor.cfm. This has been fixed.
- A typo in the Polish language file has been corrected. Thanks to Pawel Tomicki.
- [SF BUG-1086370] A small coding type in the Link dialog window has been corrected.
Version 2.0 RC1 (Download Zip
- ASP support is now available (including the File Manager connector).
- PHP support is now available (including the File Manager connector).
- [SF Feature-1063217] The new advanced Style command is available in the toolbar: full preview, context sensitive, style definitions are loaded from a XML file (see documentation for more instructions).
- The Font Format, Font Name and Font Size toolbar command now show a preview of the available options.
- The new Find and Replace features has been introduced.
- A new Plug-in system has been developed. Now it is quite easy to customize the editor to your needs. (Take a look at the html/sample06.html file).
- The editor now handles HTML entities in the right way (XHTML support must be set to "true"). It handles all entities defined in the W3C XHTML DTD file.
- A new "_docs" folder has been introduced for the documentation. It is not yet complete, but I hope the community will help us to fill it better.
- It is now possible (even if it is not recommended by the W3C) to force the use of simple ampersands (&) on attributes (like the links href) instead of its entity &. Just set FCKConfig.ForceSimpleAmpersand = true in the configuration file.
- [SF Feature-1026866] The "EditorAreaCSS" configuration option has been introduced. In this way you can set the CSS to use in the editor (editable area).
- The editing area is not anymore clipped if the toolbar is too large and exceeds the window width.
- [SF BUG-1064902] [SF BUG-1033933] The editor interface is now completely localizable. The version ships with 19 languages including: Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, English, Spanish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Croatian, Italian, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin) and Swedish.
- [SF BUG-1027858] Firefox 1.0 PR introduced a bug that made the editor stop working on it. A workaround has been developed to fix the problem.
- There was a positioning problem over IE with the color panel. It has been corrected.
- [SF BUG-1049842] [SF BUG-1033832] [SF BUG-1028623] [SF BUG-1026610] [SF BUG-1064498] The combo commands in the toolbar were not opening in the right way. It has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1053399] [SF BUG-965318] [SF BUG-1018296] The toolbar buttons icons were not showing on some IE and Firefox/Mac installations. It has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1054621] Color pickers are now working with the "office2003" and "silver" skins.
- [SF BUG-1054108] IE doesn’t recognize the "'" entity for apostrophes, so a workaround has been developed to replace it with "'" (its numeric entity representation).
- [SF BUG-983434] [SF BUG-983398] [SF BUG-1028103] [SF BUG-1072496] The problem with elements with name "submit" inside the editor's form has been solved.
- [SF BUG-1018743] The problem with Gecko when collapsing the toolbar while in source mode has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1065268] [SF BUG-1034354] The XHTML processor now doesn’t use the minimized tag syntax (like <br/>) for empty elements that are not marked as EMPTY in the W3C XHTML DTD specifications.
- [SF BUG-1029654] [SF BUG-1046500] Due to a bug on Gecko there was a problem when creating links. It has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1065973] [SF BUG-999792] The editor now handles relative URLs in IE. In effect IE transform all relative URLs to absolute links, pointing to the site the editor is running. So now the editor removes the protocol and host part of the link if it matches the running server.
- [SF BUG-1071824] The color dialog box bug has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1052856] [SF BUG-1046493] [SF BUG-1023530] [SF BUG-1025978] The editor now doesn’t throw an error if no selection was made and the create link command is used.
- [SF BUG-1036756] The XHTML processor has been reviewed.
- [SF BUG-1029101] The Paste from Word feature is working correctly.
- [SF BUG-1034623] There is an IE bug when setting the editor value to "<p><hr></p>". A workaround has been developed.
- [SF BUG-1052695] There are some rendering differences between Netscape and Mozilla. (Actually that is a bug on both browsers). A workaround has been developed to solve it.
- [SF BUG-1073053] [SF BUG-1050394] The editor doesn’t throw errors when hidden.
- [SF BUG-1066321] Scrollbars should not appear on dialog boxes (at least for the Image and Link ones).
- [SF BUG-1046490] Dialogs now are forced to show on foreground over Mac.
- [SF BUG-1073955] A small bug in the image dialog window has been corrected.
- [SF BUG-1049534] The Resources Browser window is now working well over Gecko browsers.
- [SF BUG-1036675] The Resources Browser window now displays the server error on bad installations.
Version 2.0 Beta 2 (Download Zip
- There is a new configuration - "GeckoUseSPAN" - that can be used to tell Gecko browsers to use <SPAN style...> or <B>, <I> and <U> for the bold, italic and underline commands.
- [SF Feature-1002622] New Text Color and Background Color commands have been added to the editor.
- On Gecko browsers, a message is shown when, because of security settings, the user is not able to cut, copy or paste data from the clipboard using the toolbar buttons or the context menu.
- The new "Paste as Plain Text " command has been introduced.
- The new "Paste from Word " command has been introduced.
- A new configuration named "StartupFocus" can be used to tell the editor to get the focus when the page is loaded.
- All Java integration files has been moved to a new separated package.
- [SF BUG-1016781] Table operations are now working when right click inside a table. The following commands has been introduced: Insert Row, Delete Row, Insert Column, Delete Column, Insert Cell and Delete Cells .
- [SF BUG-965067] [SF BUG-1010379] [SF BUG-977713] XHTML support was not working with FireFox, blocking the editor when submitting data. It has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1007547 ] [SF BUG-974595 ] The "FCKLang not defined" error when loading has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-1021028] If the editor doesn't have the focus, some commands were been executed outside the editor in the place where the focus is. It has been fixed.
- [SF BUG-981191] We are now using <!--- ---> for ColdFusion comments.
Version 2.0 Beta 1 (Download Zip
This is the first beta of the 2.x series. It brings a lot of new and important things. Beta versions will be released until all features available on version 1.x will be introduced in the 2.0.
Note: As it is a beta, it is not yet completely developed. Future versions can bring new features that can break backward compatibility with this version.
- Gecko browsers (Mozilla and Netscape) support.
- Quick startup response times.
- Complete XHTML 1.0 support.
- Advanced link dialog box:
- Target selection.
- Popup configurator.
- E-Mail link.
- Anchor selector.
- New File Manager.
- New dialog box system, with tabbed dialogs support.
- New context menus with icons.
- New toolbar with "expand/collapse" feature.
- Skins support.
- Right to left languages support.
Version 1.6 (Download Zip
- Context Menu support for form elements.*
- New "Selection Field" command with advanced dialog box for options definitions.*
- New "Image Button" command is available.*
- [SF Feature-936196] Many form elements bugs has been fixed and many improvements has been done.*
- New Java Integration Module. There is a complete Java API and Tag Library implementations. Take a look at the _jsp directory. Thanks to Simone Chiaretta and Hao Jiang.
- The Word Spell Checker can be used. To be able to run it, your browser security configuration "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" must be set to "Enable" or "Prompt". And easier and more secure way to do that is to add your site in the list of trusted sites. IeSpell can still be used. Take a look at the fck_config.js file for some configuration options. Thanks to EdwardRF.
- [SF Feature-748807] [SF Feature-801030] [SF Feature-880684] New "Anchor" command, including context menu support. Thanks to G.Meijer.
- Special characters are replaced with their decimal HTML entities when the XHMTL support is enabled (only over IE5.5+).
- New Office 2003 Style toolbar icons are available. Just uncomment the config.ToolbarImagesPath key in the fck_config.js file. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij. Attention: the default toolbar items have been moved to the "images/toolbar/default" directory.
- [SF Patch-934566] Double click support for Images, Tables, Links, Anchors and all Form elements. Thanks to Top Man.
- New "New Page" command to start a typing from scratch. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- New "Replace" command. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- New "Advanced Font Style" command. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- [SF Feature-738193] New "Save" command. It can be used to simulate a save action, but in fact it just submits the form where the editor is placed in. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- New "Universal Keyboard" command. This 22 charsets are available: Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Diacritical, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Spanish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese. Includes a keystroke listener to type Arabic on none Arabic OS or machine. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- [SF Patch-935358] New "Preview" command. Context menu option is included and can be deactivated throw the config.ShowPreviewContextMenu configuration. Thanks to Ben Ramsey.
- New "Table Auto Format" context menu command. Hack a little the fck_config.js and the fck_editorarea.css files. Thanks to Alexandros Lezos.
- New "Bulleted List Properties " context menu to define its type and class. Thanks to Alexandros Lezos.
- The image dialog box has been a redesigned . Thanks to Mark Fierling.
- Images now always have the "alt" attribute set, even when it's value is empty. Thanks to Andreas Barnet.
- [SF Patch-942250] You can set on fck_config.js to automatically clean Word pasting operations without a user confirmation.
- Forms element dialogs and other localization pending labels has been updated.
- A new Lithuanian language file is available. Thanks to Tauras Paliulis.
- A new Hebrew language file is available. Thanks to Ophir Radnitz.
- A new Serbian language file is available. Thanks to Zoran Subic.
- Danish language file updates. Thanks to Flemming Jensen.
- Catalan language file updates. Thanks to Jordi Cerdan.
- Updates on the testsubmit.php file. Thanks to Geat and Gabriel Schillaci
- [SF BUG-924620] There was a problem when setting a name to an editor instance when the name is used by another tag. For example when using "description" as the name in a page with the <META name="description"> tag.
- [SF BUG-935018] The "buletted" typo has been corrected.
- [SF BUG-902122] Wrong css and js file references have been corrected.
- [SF BUG-918942] All dialog boxes now accept Enter and Escape keys as Ok and Cancel buttons.
* This version has been partially sponsored by Genuitec, LLC.
Version 1.5 (Download Zip
- [SF Feature-913777] New Form Commands are now available! Special thanks to G.Meijer.
- Print Command is now available!
- [SF BUG-743546] The XHTML content duplication problem has been solved . Thanks to Paul Hutchison.
- [SF BUG-875853] The image dialog box now gives precedence for width and height values set as styles. In this way a user can change the size of the image directly inside the editor and the changes will be reflected in the dialog box.
- [SF Feature-788368] The sample file upload manager for ASPX now uses guids for the file name generation. In this way a support XML file is not needed anymore.
- It's possible now to programmatically change the Base Path of the editor if it's installed in a directory different of "/FCKeditor/". Something like this:
oFCKeditor.BasePath = '/FCKeditor/' ;
Take a look at the _test directory for samples.
- There was a little bug in the TAB feature that moved the insertion point if there were any object (images, tables) in the content. It has been fixed.
- The problem with accented and international characters on the PHP test page was solved.
- A new Chinese (Taiwan) language file is available. Thanks to Nil.
- A new Slovenian language file is available. Thanks to Pavel Rotar.
- A new Catalan language file is available. Thanks to Jordi Cerdan.
- A new Arabic language file is available. Thanks to Abdul-Aziz A. Al-Oraij.
- Small corrections on the Norwegian language file.
- A Java version for the test results (testsubmit.jsp) is now available. Thanks to Pritpal Dhaliwal.
- If XHTML is enabled the editor cleans the HTML before showing it on the Source View, so the exact result can be viewed by the user. This option can be activated setting config.EnableSourceXHTML = true in the fck_config.js file.
- The JS integration object now escapes all configuration settings, in this way a user can use reserved chars on it. For example:
oFCKeditor.Config["ImageBrowserURL"] = '/imgs/browse.asp?filter=abc*.jpg&userid=1';
- A minimal browse server sample is now available in ASP. Thanks to Andreas Barnet.
Version 1.4 (Download Zip
- ATTENTION: For PHP users: The editor was changed and now uses htmlspecialchars instead of htmlentities when handling the initial value. It should works well, but please make some tests before upgrading definitively. If there is any problem just uncomment the line in the fckeditor.php file (and send me a message!).
- The editor is now integrated with ieSpell (http://www.iespell.com) for Spell Checking. You can configure the download URL in then fck_config.js file. Thanks to Sanjay Sharma. (ieSpell is free for personal use but must be paid for commercial use).
- Table and table cell dialogs has been changed. Now you can select the class you want to be applied. Thanks to Alexander Lezos.
- [SF Feature-865378]A new upload support is available for ASP. It uses the /UserImages/ folder in the root of the web site as the files container and a counter controlled by the upload.cnt file. Both must have write permissions set to the IUSR_xxx user. Thanks to Trax and Juanjo.
- [SF Patch-798128] The user (programmer) can now define a custom separator for the list items of a combo in the toolbar. Thanks to Wulff D. Heiss.
- [SF Feature-741963][SF Feature-878941][SF Patch-869389] A minimal support for a "fake" TAB is now available, even if HTML has no support for TAB. Now when the user presses the TAB key a configurable number of spaces ( ) is added. Take a look at config.TabSpaces on the fck_config.js file. No action is performed if it is set to zero. The default value is 4. Thanks to Phil Hassey.
- [SF BUG-782779][SF BUG-790939] The problem with big images has been corrected. Thanks to Raver.
- [SF BUG-862975] Now the editor does nothing if no image is selected in the image dialog box and the OK button is hit.
- [SF BUG-851609] The problem with ASP and null values has been solved.
- Norwegean language pack. Thanks to Martin Kronstad.
- Hungarian language pack. Thanks to BalÃ¡zs SzabÃ³.
- Bosnian language pack. Thanks to Trax.
- Japanese language pack. Thanks to Kato Yuichiro.
- Updates on the Polish language pack. Thanks to Norbert Neubauer.
- The Chinese (Taiwan) (zh-tw) has been removed from the package because it's corrupt. I'm sorry. I hope someone could send me a good version soon.
Version 1.3.1 (Download Zip
- It's now possible to configure the editor the insert a <BR> tag instead of <P> when the user presses the <Enter> key. Take a look at the fck_config.js configuration file for the "UseBROnCarriageReturn" key. This option is disabled by default.
- Icelandic language pack. Thanks to Andri Ã“skarsson.
- [SF BUG-853374] On IE 5.0 there was a little error introduced with version 1.3 on initialization. It was corrected.
- [SF BUG-853372] On IE 5.0 there was a little error introduced with version 1.3 when setting the focus in the editor. It was corrected.
- Minor errors on the language file for english has been corrected. Thanks to Anders Madsen.
- Minor errors on the language file for danish has been corrected. Thanks to Martin Johansen.
Version 1.3 (Download Zip
- Language support for Danish, Polish, Simple Chinese, Slovak, Swedish and Turkish.
- Language updates for Romanian.
- A new method is available for PHP users. It's called ReturnFCKeditor. It works exactly like CreateFCKeditor, but it returns a string with the HTML for the editor instead of output it (echo). This feature is useful for people who are working with Smarty Templates or something like that. Thanks to Timothy J. Finucane.
- Many people have had problems with international characters over PHP. I had also the same problem. PHP have strange problems with character encoding. The code hasn't been changed but just saved again with Western European encoding. Now it works well in my system.
Take a look also at the "default_charset" configuration option at the php.ini file. It doesn't seem to be an editor's problem but a PHP issue.
- The "testsubmit.php" file now strips the "Magic Quotes " that are automatically added by PHP on form posts.
- A new language integration module is available for ASP/Jscript. Thanks to Dimiter Naydenov.
- New configuration options are available to customize the Target combo box in the Insert/Modify Link dialog box. Now you can hide it, or set which options are available in the combo box. Take a look at the fck_config.js file.
- The Text as Plain Text toolbar icon has been changed to avoid confusion with the Normal Paste or. Thanks to Kaupo Kalda.
- The file dhtmled.cab has been removed from the package. It's not needed to the editor to work and caused some confusion for a few users.
- The editor's content now doesn't loose the focus when the user clicks with the mouse in a toolbar button.
- On drag-and-drop operations the data to be inserted in the editor is now converted to plain text when the "ForcePasteAsPlainText" configuration is set to true.
- The image browser sample in PHP now sorts the files by name. Thanks to Sergey Lupashko.
- Two new configuration options are available to turn on/off by default the "Show Borders" and "Show Details" commands.
- Some characters have been removed from the "Insert Special Chars" dialog box because they were causing encoding problems in some languages. Thanks to Abomb Hua.
- JSP versions of the image and file upload and browsing features. Thanks to Simone Chiaretta.
Version 1.2.4 (Download Zip
- Language support for Spanish, Finnish, Romanian and Korean.
- Language updates for German.
- New Zoom toolbar option. (Thanks to "mtn_roadie")
Version 1.2.2 (Download Zip
- Language support for French.
- [SF BUG-782779] Version 1.2 introduced a bug on the image dialog window: when changing the image, no update was done. This bug is now fixed.
Version 1.2 (Download Zip
- Enhancements to the Word cleaning feature (Thanks to Karl von Randow).
- The Table dialog box now handles the Style width and height set in the table (Thanks to Roberto Arruda). There where many problems on prior version when people changed manually the table's size, dragging the size handles, and then it was not possible to set a new size using the table dialog box.
- For the Image dialog box:
- No image is shown in the preview pane if no image has been set.
- If no HSpace is set in the image a "-1" value was shown in the dialog box. Now, nothing is shown if the value is negative.
- [SF BUG-739630] Image with link lost the link when changing its properties. The problem is solved.
- Due to some problems in the XHTML cleaning (content duplication when the source HTML is dirty and malformed), the XHTML support is turned off by default from this version. You can still change this behavior and turn it onÂ in the configuration file.
- Some little updates on the English language file.
- A few addition of missing entries on all languages files (translations for these changes are pending).
- Language files has been added for the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br)
- Czech (cz)
- Dutch (nl)
- Russian (ru)
- Chinese (Taiwan) (zh-tw)
- Greek (gr)
- German (de)
Version 1.1 (Download Zip
- The "Multi Language" system is now available. This version ships with English and Italian versions completed. Other languages will be available soon. The editor automatically detects the client language and sets all labels, tooltips and dialog boxes to it, if available. The auto detection and the default language can be set in the fck_config.file.
- Two files can now be created to isolate customizations code from the original source code of the editor: fckeditor.config.js and fckeditor.custom.js. Create these files in the root folder of your web site, if needed. The first one can be used to add or override configurations set on fck_config.js. The second one is used for custom actions and behaviors.
- A problem with relative links and images like "/test/test.doc" has been solved. In prior versions, only with XHTML support enabled, the URL was changed to something like "http://www.mysite.xxx/test/test.doc" (The domain was automatically added). Now the XHTML cleaning procedure gets the URLs exactly how they are defined in the editor’s HTML.
- [SF BUG-742168] Mouse drag and drop from toolbar buttons has been disabled.
- [SF BUG-768210] HTML entities, like <, were not load correctly. The problem is solved.
- [SF BUG-748812] The link dialog window doesn't open when the link button is grayed.
Version 1.0 (Download Zip
- Three new options are available in the configuration file to set what file types are allowed / denied to be uploaded from the "Insert Link" and "Insert Image" dialog boxes.
- Upload options, for links and images, are automatically hidden on IE 5.0 browsers (it's not compatible).
- [SF BUG-734894] Fixed a problem on XHTML cleaning: the value on INPUT fields were lost.
- [SF BUG-713797] Fixed some image dialog errors when trying to set image properties when no image is available.
- [SF BUG-736414] Developed a workaround for a DHTML control bug when loading in the editor some HTML started with <p><hr></p>.
- [SF BUG-737143] Paste from Word cleaning changed to solve some IE 5.0 errors. This feature is still not available over IE 5.0.
- [SF BUG-737233] CSS mappings are now OK on the PHP image browser module.
- [SF BUG-737495] The image preview in the image dialog box is now working correctly.
- [SF BUG-737532] The editor automatically switches to WYSIWYG mode when the form is posted.
- [SF BUG-739571] The editor is now working well over Opera (as for Netscape, a TEXTAREA is shown).
Version 1.0 FC (Download Zip
- A new dialog box for the "Link" command is available. Now you can upload and browse the server exactly like the image dialog box. It's also possible to define the link title and target window (_blank, _self, _parent and _top). As with the image dialog box, a sample (and simple) file server browser is available.
- A new configuration option is available to force every paste action to be handled as plain text. See "config.ForcePasteAsPlainText" in fck_config.js.
- A new Toolbar button is available: "Paste from Word". It automatically cleans the clipboard content before pasting (removesWord styles, classes, xml stuff, etc...). This command is available for IE 5.5 and more. For IE 5.0 users, a message is displayed advising that the text will not be cleaned before pasting.
- The editor automatically detects Word clipboard data on pasting operations and asks the user to clean it before pasting. This option is turned on by default but it can be configured. See "config.AutoDetectPasteFromWord" in fck_config.js.
- Table properties are now available in cells' right click context menu.
- It's now possible to edit cells advanced properties from it's right click context menu.
Version 1.0 RC1 (Download Zip
- Some performance improvements.
- The file dhtmled.cab has been added to the package for clients ho needs to install the Microsoft DHTML Editor component.
- [SF BUG-713952] The format command options are localized, so it depends on the IE language to work. Until version 0.9.5 it was working only over English IE browsers. Now the options are load dynamically on the client using the client's language.
- [SF BUG-712103] The style command is localized, so it depends on the IE language to work. Until version 0.9.5 it was working only over English IE browsers. Now it configures itself using the client's language.
- [SF BUG-726137] On version 0.9.5, some commands (special chars, image, emoticons, ...) remove the next available character before inserting the required content even if no selection was made in the editor. Now the editor replaces only the selected content (if available).
Version 0.9.5 Beta (Download Zip
- XHTML support is now available! It can be enabled/disabled in the fck_config.js file.
- "Show Table Borders" option: show borders for tables with borders size set to zero.
- "Show Details" option: show hidden elements (comments, scripts, paragraphs, line breaks)
- IE behavior integration module. Thanks to Daniel Shryock.
- "Find" option: to find text in the document.
- More performance enhancements.
- New testsubmit.php file. Thansk to Jim Michaels.
- Two initial PHP upload manager implementations (not working yet). Thanks to Frederic Tyndiuk and Christian Liljedahl.
- Initial PHP image browser implementation (not working yet). Thanks to Frederic Tyndiuk.
- Initial CFM upload manager implementation. Thanks to John Watson.
Version 0.9.4 Beta (Download Zip
- ColdFusion module integration is now available! Thanks to John Watson.
- "Insert Smiley" toolbar option! Thanks to Fredox. Take a look at fck_config.js for configuration options.
- "Paste as plain text" toolbar option!
- Right click support for links (edit / remove).
- Buttons now are shown in gray when disabled.
- Buttons are shown just when the image is downloaded (no more "red x" while waiting for it).
- The toolbar background color can be set with a CSS style (see fck_editor.css).
- Toolbar images have been reviewed:
- Now they are transparent.
- No more over...gif for every button (so the editor loads quicker).
- Buttons states are controlled with CSS styles. (see fck_editor.css).
- Internet Explorer 5.0 compatibility, except for the image uploading popup.
- Optimizations when loading the editor.
- [SF BUG-709544] - Toolbar buttons wait for the images to be downloaded to start watching and responding the user actions (turn buttons on/off when the user changes position inside the editor).
- Two new configuration options, ImageBrowser and ImageUpload, are available to turn on and off the image upload and image browsing options in the Image dialog box. This options can be hidden for a specific editor instance throw specific URL parameter in the editor’s IFRAME (upload=true/false&browse=true/false). All specific language integration modules handle this option. For sample see the _test directory.
|This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Contact